Magic Tango Beginner-Intermediate Bootcamp - September 23-24, 2017
MAGIC TANGO Beginner Bootcamp - 2 days
(about 5 hours of Intensive workshops)
September 23, 2017 (SAT) - PART 1 (All levels)
5.15pm - 7pm
September 24, 2017 (SUN) - PART 2 (Beg - Int)
4pm - 7pm
Instructor: Tatiana Balashova
In collaboration with BC Dance STUDIO (downtown Vancouver)
Instructor: Tatiana Balashova + assistant
The bootcamp is concept based and includes tango drills and practical exercises to ensure an integrative experience of learning tango.
Attention to everyone is guaranteed!
Combinations of vocabulary in the MagicTango Beginner Bootcamps slightly vary depending on the bootcamp and every student can process them at their level (like in yoga and pilates). In this bootcamp we will have both Beginner & Intermediate dancers so it is a great practice for all the students.
By the end of the bootcamp students will be able to establish connection with each other in tango dancing, learn a few essential fun tango patterns and be able to join them into a simple and elegant dance, and acquire basic navigating and social dancing skills.
* Free water and light refreshments are provided. Magic Tango Bootcamp students will get a link to the special playlists with selected tango music for their practice & tango demos by world-renowned instructors for inspiration. *
Part 1 (SAT) - basic tango technique, connection & musicality I
Get a taste of the beautiful Argentine Tango, be inspired and start learning the FUNDAMENTALS of tango leading or following. This bootcamp is good both for beginners and those who want to brush up the basic Argentine Tango dancing skills and get lots of tips to enjoy and improve your dance..
- Basic information about Argentine Tango
- Connection with the partner
- Connection with the floor
- Silky Elastic Embrace (specifics of dancing in close & open embrace)
- Catlike Walk
- Introduction to a few basic elements & fun combinations
Part 2 (SUN) - exploring tango elements further, connection & musicality II
- Tango Fundamentals Continued - a few creative elements
- Musicality tips for tango, milonga and vals
- Putting a dance together
- Floor Craft (must-know navigation skills)
- Tango Etiquette - practical social skills for dancers (inviting etc)
BC DANCE STUDIO
877 Hamilton St (@ Smithe)
(on the right side of the Firefighters building, 1 block South from Vancouver Public Library) MAP view >>
No Partner is required however we recommend bringing friends!
Partners will be rotated at the workshop (when coming as a couple, it is still recommended to try doing some exercises with at least 1-2 other partners).
NB: Registration is recommended (we balance leaders & followers)
*** Registration requires payment ***
Fill out the form and you will get a link to pay for the bootcamp. *** Drop-ins are welcome, if there are enough spots.
Tatiana: (604) 780-7825
Rates for the bootcamps:
EARLY BIRD rates are till September 21st (Thu 9pm)
(All early bird payments have to be processed before Thursday 9pm)
$50 per person / $90 per couple (with a partner) (EARLY BIRD)
$60 per person / $100 per couple (with a partner)
(Requires basic tango skills, at minimum Part 1. Contact Tatiana for any questions.)
$25 per person / $40 per couple (with a partner) (EARLY BIRD)
$30 per person / $50 per couple (with a partner)
$35 per person / $60 per couple (with a partner) (EARLY BIRD)
$45 per person / $80 per couple (with a partner)
(tax - nclusive)
For full-time STUDENTS with valid ID:
(max 8 student tickets in total)
1 day - $10 off per person / $15 off per couple
2 days - $20 off per person / $30 off per couple
1) to quality for the couple deal both partners have to be students, otherwise you have to purchase tickets separately
2) max 6 student tickets are available
Participation is limited to 8 couples --> register in advance!
Bring friends and get $5 off your ticket for each person you bring.
(NB: can't be combined with the promo for couples)
Please, bring a bottle of water and great tango energy!
Looking forward to seeing you at the bootcamp! :)
Please fill out the form (All your personal information is respected and kept confidential for the logistics and research purposes only).
You can pay for the bootcamp by e-transfer, PayPal, or cash / cheque if paid in person. Note: cash only at the door.
Step 1: fill out the form on this page
Step 2: transfer the right amount to the PayPal or through e-transfer.
With a note "leader" or "follower" and "student" (if applicable).
(!) Students will have to provide their valid student ID on the day of the workshop.
PayPal link >>
e-transfer to: "magictango (at) gmail (dot) com" (Tatiana Balashova)
Notes for payments:
1) For the $5 referral discount, please first "register" through the contact form mentioning the name(s) of the friends you are bringing. Friends have to pay for their bootcamp tickets at least 1 day before the bootcamp to get you a discount.
NB: Referral discounts can't be combined with Couples & Student discounts unless you bring 2+ extra people. Thank you for understanding!
2) PayPal fees are paid by the organizer
E-transfer fees are paid by the participant ($0-$1.5 depending no the bank)
3) All tickets are non-refundable (except for force major circumstances), however you can give your ticket to a friend (requires confirmation from the instructor) .
In some cases if you paid for the bootcamp but could not come come to the bootcamp, on a prior notice, you can keep that "credit" for later and use it towards another bootcamp or class. (please contact Tatiana for the confirmation of any changes).
NB: Tickets with a referral discount are non-refundable/ non-exchangeable