Group Classes & Workshops
Argentine TANGO Beginner Bootcamp - II
with Tatiana Balashova
assisted by Natasha Lewis
FEBRUARY 8th (Sun) - 4.00pm - 6.00pm (2 hours)
Leave a bit of free time after in case we hang up a bit longer to practice)
Get a taste of the beautiful Argentine Tango, be inspired and start learning the basics of leading or following.
- the Silky Tango Embrace
- Smooth Walking
- Connection with the Partner & Musicality
- Basic Turns
- Introduction to ochos, ocho cortado, salida with a cross
One Thousand Rivers Studio
54 4th Ave E, Vancouver, BC V5T 1E8
Partner is recommended, bring your friends!
NB: if you can't find a partner, please register/ email in advance, we will do our best to balance the classes. Partners will be rotated at the workshop (when coming as a couple, it is still recommended to try doing some exercises with at least 1-2 other partners).
NB: Registration is required! (to ensure everyone has a partner)
Because MagicTango workshops and bootcamps are quite informative, we develop fast and thus recommend a bit of tango experience, please email to us if you are a complete beginner (never took any classes or practiced tango). If you had some dancing experience in kizomba, salsa, lindy or other partner dancers, you might be ok catching up on the material. Usually a lot of attention is given to all students during the bootcamps.
$25 per person / $40 per couple (with a partner) (EARLY BIRD)
(can be paid in cash or by card/ paypal)
$30 per person / $50 per couple (with a partner)
(cash only at the door)
For full-time students with valid ID:
$15 per person / $25 per couple (with a partner) (EARLY BIRD)
$20 per person / $35 per couple (with a partner)
(max 8 student tickets)
EARLY BIRD discount - till FEBRUARY 6th (Fri night)
(cash only if paid at the door)
Participation is limited to 10 couples - register in advance!
Bring friends and get $5 off your ticket for each person you bring.
(NB: can't be combined with the promo for couples)
Step 1: Make an E-TRANSFER or PAYPAL TRANSFER to "email@example.com" with a note "bootcamp II - follower" or "bootcamp II - leader", or "bootcamp II - couple". Students will have to provide their valid student ID on the day of the workshop.
If you would like to pay with a CreditCard, you have to pay min 1 week before the bootcamp so that we get the payment in time to pay for the rentals.
Step 2: fill out the form on this page
Notes for payments:
1) For referral discount, please first "register" through the contact form mentioning the name(s) of the friends you are bringing. NB: if the referred friends don't appear at the workshop, the ticket holder has to pay the difference in the ticket price.
2) PayPal fees are paid by the organizer
3) All ticket are non-refundable (except for force major circumstances), however you can give your ticket to a friend of the same "role" (please contact Tatiana for all related questions/ changes). NB: Tickets with a referral discount are non-refundable/ non-exchangeable (thank you for understanding!)
Thank you in advance for your inquiries and registration.
Please, bring a bottle of water and great tango energy!
Looking forward to seeing you at the bootcamp! :)