Beginner Bootcamp - December 19th, 2015 - Part 4
MAGIC TANGO Beginner Bootcamp - Part 4
Intensive Bootcamp Series for Beginners with Tatiana Balashova
December 19, 2015 - 1pm - 4pm (Saturday)
(Includes a 15-25 min moderated practica in the end)
Learn the FUNDAMENTALS of ARGENTINE TANGO, leading or following in a small group of great aspiring dancers! This bootcamp is good both for beginners and those who want to brush up basic Argentine Tango dancing skills and get lots of tips for improving your dance as well as explore the other role (leading or following).
NB: requires completing of the MagicTango Bootcamps - minimum Part 1-2, preforrably Part 3 as well. or if you have minimim 1-2 months of tango classes / previous tango dancing experience.
- Silky Elastic Tango Embrace (specifics of dancing in close & open embrace)
- Smooth Catlike Walk
- Connection with the Partner
- Connection with the floor
- Musicality & Rhythmic tips for tango & milonga
- Salida and Salida with a Cross
- Basic Vocabulary (steps combinations, basic turns, ocho cortado...)
- Essential navigation skills!
- Tango Etiquette
- Introduction to other basic vocabulary:
Basic vocabulary includes salida, basic turns, ocho cortado, salida with a cross, and a few more movement combinations depending on the students and level of the group. The material is saturated with concepts which help to get a good jump start for beginner tango dancers as well as to polish tango skills of those who are already dancing tango.
The bootcamp is hold in a small group and is slightly adjusted to the experience of the majority of the students. Attention to everyone is guaranteed!
BC DANCE STUDIO
303 East 8th Ave. Vancouver
(One block from Mount Pleasant Community Centre/ Main-Kingsway-Broadway)
No Partner is required however we recommend bringing friends!
Partners will be rotated at the workshop (when coming as a couple, it is still recommended to try doing some exercises with at least 1-2 other partners).
NB: Registration is recommended (to ensure everyone has a partner)
Registration requires payment. Fill out the form and you will get a link to pay for the bootcamp. *** Drop-ins are welcome, if there are enough spots.
Free water and light refreshments are provided.
There will be two 5-min breaks.
$45 per person / $85 per couple (with a partner) (EARLY BIRD)
$50 per person / $90 per couple (with a partner)
For full-time STUDENTS with valid ID:
(also valid for people with Int & up level to want to refresh the basics)
$30 per person / $55 per couple (with a partner) (EARLY BIRD)
$35 per person / $65 per couple (with a partner)
1) to quality for the couple deal both partners have to be students, otherwise you have to purchase tickets separately
2) max 4 tickets with student ID are available.
EARLY BIRD discount - till December 5th (Saturday)
Participation is limited to 6 couples --> register in advance!
Requires minimum 8 people registered.
Bring friends and get $5 off your ticket for each new person you bring.
(NB: can't be combined with the promo for couples)
Thank you in advance for your inquiries and registration.
Please, bring a bottle of water and great tango energy!
Looking forward to seeing you at the bootcamp! :)
Please fill out the form. All your personal information is respected and kept confidential for the logistics and research purposes only.
You can pay for the bootcamp by e-transfer, PayPal, or cash / cheque if paid in person. Note: cash only at the door.
Step 1: fill out the form on this page
Step 2: transfer the right amount to the PayPal or through e-transfer.
With a note "leader" or "follower" and "student" (if applicable).
(!) Students will have to provide their valid student ID on the day of the workshop.
"firstname.lastname@example.org" (Tatiana Balashova)
Notes for payments:
1) For the $5 referral discount, please first "register" through the contact form mentioning the name(s) of the friends you are bringing. Friends have to pay for their bootcamp tickets to get you a discount.
NB: if you bring people after you've paid for your bootcamp, we can give your the referral discount at the door. *** Referral discounts can't be combined other discounts unless you bring 3 or more people. Thanks for understanding!
2) PayPal fees are paid by the organizer
E-transfer fees are paid by the participant ($1.5)
3) All tickets are non-refundable (except for force major circumstances), however you can give your ticket to a friend (please contact Tatiana for the confirmation of the change of name and related questions).
NB: Tickets with a referral discount are non-refundable/ non-exchangeable